Sunday, May 27 from 12:00 to 2:00 pm
Tuesday, May 29 from 6:00 to 9:00 pm
Appointments are required. For an appointment time, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Auditions will be at Rover Dramawerks, located at 221 W. Parker Road, Suite 580 in Plano, at the northwest corner of 75 and Parker Rd. in the Ruisseau Village Shopping Center.
When villain Gerald Snively and his sidekick, Melinda Mooch, hit Oilwell, Texas, it's rack and ruin from start to finish. From providing poor widow Lizzie Holiday a fake map to her dead husband’s oil well, to keeping apart true love between our hero, Eddie Allswell, and the angelic Belle, these two are evil personified! But naturally good triumphs and “all’s well with oil wells.”
Roles: 5 men, up to 8 women
Lizzie Holiday: saloon/hotel owner, Belle’s mom – a solid, honest woman with a great sense of humor
Fifi Songbird: saloon entertainer who sings and dances – pretty, outgoing, entertaining
Rufus Hands: the piano player (also sings), funny, compassionate
Sheriff Bob White: upstanding citizen
Gerald Snively: villain – dark and mysterious
Melinda Mooch: villian’s beautiful sidekick
Belle Holiday: our heroine – young and sweet, daughter of Lizzie
Eddie Allswell: our hero – tall, innocent, not very bright but very endearing
Lawyer Otis Pitts: Lizzie and Belle’s lawyer...with a secret
Dance Hall Girls: maybe 3 or 4 – no lines but will dance and sing with Fifi and Rufus.
If auditioning for Fifi, Rufus, or Dance Hall Girls, please prepare a short song to sing, either a cappella or you may bring your own accompaniment on your phone or iPod. Also be prepared to learn a short dance combination.
All roles are available.
- Email email@example.com for an appointment time, and access to a script will be made available to you. Be familiar with the script before coming to auditions.
- Please prepare a short (1 min.) monologue that shows your personality and that you enjoy. You may also be asked to read from the script.
- Please bring a resume and head shot. If unavailable, a recent photo is fine.
- References may be required.
- Actors must be between 10 and 18 years of age (inclusive) at the time of the performances.
- Youth actors will not be paid.
- There are NO TUITION REQUIREMENTS OR OTHER FEES to be involved with this production.
- Rehearsals will be in Plano and will begin on or around June 2 and will generally be Saturday and/or Sunday afternoons, and Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday evenings – to be set based on theater schedule and conflicts of cast.
- Actors should be prepared to list all conflicts through July 21 at auditions. Actors with performance conflicts (July 19-21) need not audition.
- Please visit the website at www.roverdramawerks.com or call (972) 849-0358 for more information.
The Belle of West Texas will run for four performances, July 19-21 on Thursday and Friday at 8:00 and Saturday at 3:00 and 8:00 pm, at Rover Dramawerks - 221 W. Parker Rd., Suite 580, Plano 75023.