Artisan Children’s Theater
announces auditions for
Disney and Cameron Mackintosh's
Mary Poppins Jr.
Original Music and Lyrics by Richard M. Sherman and Robert B. Sherman
Book by Julian Fellowes
New Songs and Additional Music and Lyrics by George Stiles and Anthony Drewe
Co-Created by Cameron Mackintosh
A Musical based on the stories of P.L. Travers and the Walt Disney film
Directed by Abi Oxley
Choreographed by Jennifer Leyva
Music Direction by Noël Clark
Your favorite practically perfect nanny takes center stage in this Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious adventure based on the award-winning Broadway musical and classic Walt Disney film.
AUDITION DATES: Monday, December 17 from 4:00pm-7:00pm (Songs and Sides) and Tuesday, December 18 from 4:30pm-6:00pm (Dance) **
**Actors must attend both days of auditions.
· To audition, please schedule an appointment by clicking the following link: http://www.meetme.so/ArtisanChildrensTheater
· Audition form and more information on line at: http://www.artisanct.com/auditions
· Auditions will be held at Artisan Center Theater located at 444 East Pipeline Road, Hurst, TX 76053.
· Rehearsals begin Friday, December 28, 2018 and will generally be Monday-Friday evenings. No rehearsal December 31 or January 1.
· Actors must be at least 10 years old at the time of auditions to be considered for casting. (8-9 year olds may audition upon approval.)
· Callbacks (if needed) will be Wednesday, December 19, 2018 from 4-6pm.
PRODUCTION DATES: February 8-March 16, 2019
· Performances will be Fridays at 5:00pm and Saturdays at 10:00am and 12:00pm. Additional 12:00pm performance on February 26 and March 5. Additional 10:00am and 12:00pm performances March 11-15 for Spring Break. (Please note that 2:00pm shows may also be added during Spring Break.)
DAY 1 – Be prepared to sing 16 bars from a Broadway or Disney song in the style of the show that best displays your vocal ability. No accompanist will be provided, so actors are asked to bring a CD with their accompaniment. Artisan Children’s Theater discourages the use of phones or other digital devices, so please bring your accompaniment on a CD. No singing a cappella please. Actors will also be doing cold readings from the script, so it is encouraged that everyone auditioning is familiar with the material. Audition sides will be posted on the ACT website prior to auditions.
DAY 2 – Actors will learn a brief dance combination and perform it in groups. Please be sure to bring clothes that you can move in. Dance auditions begin promptly at 4:30pm, so plan to arrive early.
Please bring your conflict information with you to the audition. It is critical that you let Artisan Children’s Theater know all of your conflicts at the auditions. Artisan Children’s Theater will be unable to accept conflicts after casting is done unless they are emergencies.
ABOUT THE SHOW:
The jack-of-all trades, Bert, introduces us to England in 1910 and the troubled Banks family. Young Jane and Michael have sent many a nanny packing before Mary Poppins arrives on their doorstep. Using a combination of magic and common sense, she must teach the family members how to value each other again. Mary Poppins takes the children on many magical and memorable adventures, but Jane and Michael aren't the only ones upon whom she has a profound effect. Even grown-ups can learn a lesson or two from the nanny who advises that "Anything can happen if you let it."
DANCE AUDITION WORKSHOP:
To help actors prepare for the dance audition, Artisan is offering a one-day audition workshop on Saturday, December 15 from 3:30-5:00pm. Mary Poppins Choreographer, Jennifer Leyva, will teach actors how to have a successful dance audition while also giving a sneak peek at the audition combinations. For more information, visit http://www.artisanct.com/audition-workshops.
Hope to see you there!
Artisan Children's Theater
444 East Pipeline Road, Hurst, Texas 76053
817-284-1200 | ArtisanCT.com