Artisan Children’s Theater
announces auditions for
Willy Wonka JR.
Adapted for the stage by Leslie Bricusse and Timothy Allen McDonald
Lyrics and Music by Leslie Bricusse and Anthony Newley
Based on the book, "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" by Roald Dahl.
Directed by Natalie Burkhart
Choreography by Jennifer Leyva
Music Direction by Noël Clark
Roald Dahl's timeless story of the world-famous candy man and his quest to find an heir is a golden ticket to adventure.
AUDITION DATES: Monday, August 13 from 3:30pm-6:30pm (Songs and Sides)
and Tuesday, August 14 from 4:30pm-6:00pm (Dance) **
**Actors must attend both days of auditions.
· To audition, please schedule an appointment by clicking the following link: http://www.meetme.so/ ArtisanChildrensTheater
· Audition form and more information on line at: http://www.artisanct.com/a uditions
· Auditions will be held at Artisan’s Rehearsal Hall located at 404 East Pipeline Road, Hurst, TX 76053.
· Rehearsals begin Monday, August 27, 2018 and will generally be Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday evenings, with some additional rehearsals on Saturday mornings.
· Actors must be at least 10 years old at the time of auditions to be considered for casting. (8-9 year olds may audition upon approval from the director.)
· Callbacks (if needed) will be Thursday, August 16, 2018 from 4:00-6:30pm.
PRODUCTION DATES: October 5-November 3, 2018
· Performances will be Fridays at 5:00pm and Saturdays at 10:00am and 12:00pm. Additional 12:00pm performances on October 23 and 30.
· Some cast members may be asked to perform at the Artisan Children’s Theater Fairy Tale Ball on October 6 at 6:00pm.
DAY 1 – Be prepared to sing 16 bars from a Broadway or Disney song in the style of the show that best displays your vocal ability. No accompanist will be provided, so actors are asked to bring a CD with their accompaniment. Artisan Children’s Theater discourages the use of phones or other digital devices, so please bring your accompaniment on a CD. No singing a cappella please. Actors will also be doing cold readings from the script, so it is encouraged that everyone auditioning is familiar with the material. Audition sides will be posted on the ACT website prior to auditions.
DAY 2 – Actors will learn a brief dance combination and perform it in groups. Please be sure to bring clothes that you can move in. Dance auditions begin promptly at 4:30pm, so plan to arrive early.
Please bring your conflict information with you to the audition. It is critical that you let Artisan Children’s Theater know all of your conflicts at the auditions. Artisan Children’s Theater will be unable to accept conflicts after casting is done unless they are emergencies.
ABOUT THE SHOW:
The delicious adventures experienced by Charlie Bucket on his visit to Willy Wonka's mysterious chocolate factory light up the stage in this captivating adaptation of Roald Dahl's fantastical tale. Featuring the enchanting songs from the 1971 film starring Gene Wilder in addition to a host of fun new songs, Roald Dahl's Willy Wonka JR. is a scrumdidilyumptious musical guaranteed to delight everyone's sweet tooth.
Roald Dahl's Willy Wonka JR. follows enigmatic candy manufacturer Willy Wonka as he stages a contest by hiding golden tickets in five of his scrumptious candy bars. Whomever comes up with these tickets will win a free tour of the Wonka factory, as well as a lifetime supply of candy. Four of the five winning children are insufferable brats, but the fifth is a likeable young lad named Charlie Bucket, who takes the tour in the company of his equally amiable grandfather. The children must learn to follow Mr. Wonka's rules in the factory – or suffer the consequences.
DANCE AUDITION WORKSHOP:
To help actors prepare for the dance audition, Artisan is offering a one-day audition workshop on Saturday, August 11 from 2:30-4:00pm. Willy Wonka Choreographer, Jennifer Leyva, will teach actors how to have a successful dance audition while also giving a sneak peek at the audition combinations. For more information, visit http://www.artisanct.com/ audition-workshops.
Hope to see you there!
444 East Pipeline Road, Hurst, Texas 76053
817-284-1200 | ArtisanCT.com