ROVER DRAMAWERKS ANNOUNCES AUDITIONS
Love, Lies & the Doctor’s Dilemma
by Michael Parker and Susan Parker
directed by Matt Stepan
Saturday, November 4 from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm
Sunday, November 5 from 7:00 pm to 10:00 pm
Callbacks, if needed, will be held Monday, November 6 at 7:00 pm
Appointments are required. For an appointment time, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Auditions will be at Rover Dramawerks, located at 221 W. Parker Road, Suite 580 in Plano, at the northwest corner of 75 and Parker Rd. in the Ruisseau Village Shopping Center.
One little white lie leads to another in this hilarious farce, complete with a former movie star, a mobster hit man, an accident prone next door neighbor, a mysterious potting shed, and a gardener inexplicably masquerading as a psychiatrist...whose misguided advice actually seems to work! Will everyone survive the mayhem?
Roles: 3 men, 3 women
JOAN: A middle-aged widow who secretly grows marijuana and is in a relationship with her former gardener. Female 40s-50s
SANDY: Joan’s gardener turned lover who finds himself masquerading as a psychiatrist. Male 40s-50s
VINNY “THE ENFORCER”: A mobster with a New Jersey accent. Male late 30s-50s
OLIVA: Joan’s sister-in-law, a wealthy and aging movie star. Female 40s-60s
RACHEL: Joan’s neighbor. Kind of ditzy and lives in her own world, frequently mispronounces ordinary words. Female 20s-40s
CHRIS: Joan’s son who is in debt to the mob, perhaps with another secret? For part of the play Chris also masquerades as “Joan’s daughter Christina”. Male 20s-30s
All roles are available.
Auditions will consist of readings from the script. Actors of any and all racial and ethnic backgrounds are encouraged to audition.
- Email email@example.com for an appointment time, and access to a script will be made available to you. Be familiar with the script before coming to auditions.
- Be prepared to read from the script.
- Please bring a resume and head shot.
- References may be required.
- Actors and technicians will receive stipends.
- Rehearsals will be in Plano starting around the week of November 27. Exact rehearsal schedule TBA but all conflicts must be noted at time of audition.
- Please visit the website at www.roverdramawerks.com or call (972) 849-0358 for more information.
Love, Lies & the Doctor’s Dilemma will open Rover’s 18th Season, running January 11-27, 2018 at Rover Dramawerks - 221 W. Parker Rd., Suite 580, Plano 75023.