ROVER DRAMAWERKS ANNOUNCES AUDITIONS
by David Landau
music & lyrics by Nikki Stern
directed by Mike Hathaway
This is for the annual Death Imitates Art Murder Mystery Dinner Theatre we do for Valentine’s Day.
Tuesday, January 16 from 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm
Wednesday, January 17 from 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm
Appointments are required. For an appointment time, please email email@example.com.
Auditions will be at Rover Dramawerks, located at 221 W. Parker Road, Suite 580 in Plano, at the northwest corner of 75 and Parker Rd. in the Ruisseau Village Shopping Center.
The year is 1923 and audience members are passengers on board the HMS Victoria as it crosses the English Channel, as well as being guests at the wedding of the Contessa Follette and Jonathan Rothchild. But nothing is as it seems as the famous Inspector Clurrot tries to track down a homicidal mastermind with the help of our audience. Will the wedding take place before someone else dies?
Roles: 3 women, 4 men
Miss Hastings/Isabella: British, the ship’s cruise director / Italian waitress, a gold digger run out of Monaco for immoral activities.
Inspector Pierre Clurrot/Howard: French Luxembourg detective / Out of work American actor, now a waiter on board the ship.
Contessa Nicole Follette: The bride. French.
Vivian Rothchild: The groom’s “sister.” Real name is Susan Starr, a bank robber from Oklahoma.
Jonathan Rothchild: The groom. Real name is Stan Meyerhoff, an American actor.
Lord Arthur Bennett: The bride’s friend. A wealthy British banker in London and the bride’s ex-lover.
Father Casse-Cou: A priest. He has a drinking habit.
All roles are available.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org for an appointment time, and access to a script will be made available to you. Be familiar with the script before coming to auditions.
- Be prepared to read scenes from the script.
- Because this is an audience participation show, be prepared for some improv at auditions.
- Please bring a resume and head shot.
- References may be required.
- Actors and technicians will receive stipends.
- Rehearsals will be in Plano starting around the week of January 22. Exact rehearsal schedule TBA but all conflicts must be noted at time of audition.
- Please visit the website at www.roverdramawerks.com or call (972) 849-0358 for more information.
Death Imitates Art (aka Murderous Crossing) will run for two performances, February 9-10, 2018 at Rover Dramawerks - 221 W. Parker Rd., Suite 580, Plano 75023.